Also included in
- This bundle is designed to enrich and support your Geometry unit. There is a strong focus on angles, polygons - with an emphasis on triangles and quadrilaterals, identifying parallel and perpendicular lines in polygons, identifying lines of symmetry. My hands-on activity has students fold a circle i$15.00$24.00Save $9.00
Students need practice classifying quadrilaterals. My Sort and Solve activities are the perfect solution. These engaging sorts give students an opportunity to look at multiple quadrilaterals and sort them according to attributes. Sort 1 has students sort parallelograms. Sort 2 has students sort the quadrilaterals that have right angles. Sort 3 has them classify quadrilaterals by parallel lines - one set or two sets. Sort 4 has students sort quadrilaterals to identify all of the rectangles. Sort 5 has students sort quadrilaterals to identify all of the rhombuses. Sort 6 has quadrilaterals with and without lines of symmetry. All 6 options include two problems to solve on the back of the sort based on the skill. These are higher level rigorous questions that require students to defend and justify their answers. An Answer Key is provided.
You must see my Folding Circles Lesson - Students fold a circle into 10 different polygons
Be sure to follow me and check out my other sort and solve activities!
- Irregular - Regular Polygon Sort
- Parallel and Perpendicular Polygon Sort
- Triangles Sorts
- Quadrilateral Sort
- Addition & Subtraction Sort and Solve
- Multiplication & Division Sort
- Choose the Operation - Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
Other Decimal Sorts available in my store:
Polygon Quadrilaterals and Triangles Sort - Problem Solving - Rigor - Perfect for Math Stations - Collaborative Learning