Also included in
- Ditch the WorksheetYour kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. This awesome bundle of premium quality Card Sort Activities will provide you and your students endless opportunities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will$44.95$59.40Save $14.45
Ditch the Worksheet! Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. This premium quality Classifying Chemical Reactions Card Sort provides you and your students endless opportunities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will add variety, engagement, and differentiation to your classroom and lessons.
Using A Card Sort
There are a variety of ways to use a card sort:
- —Working in groups, as an introduction to the lesson, students can sort these cards based on their prior experience. Use with or without the Category and Definition cards to change the difficulty of the activity based on your students abilities.
- —After teaching your students about classifying matter, students can work individually or in groups to practice classifying matter.
- —These cards are great any time you feel your students need to review this skill.
- —Whether you play Quiz, Quiz, Trade or a rousing game of trashketball, these cards are the perfect addition.
- Decide whether you are going to print in color or grayscale. The cards look great either way. Both options give you the choice to print with or without a back.
- Decide how you are going to use the cards. The most economical method is to use in small groups. This allows you to print fewer card decks.
- Print your card decks. Whether printing in color or grayscale, the cards should be printed on white cardstock.
- Laminating increases the useful life of the cards.
- Cut apart your cards. The card sheets are designed to be printed at 100% on 8 1/2” x 11” paper. You save paper and ink with the economical nine playing card-sized cards per page.
- For an added touch of professional quality, try cutting some corners...literally. An inexpensive round corner punch not only makes the cards look better but makes them easier to handle.
- Whether you use an envelope, a sandwich bag, or a rubber band, store your cards between uses so you have them the next year.
- Six category cards (All cards are included in color, grayscale, and blackline)
- Six definition cards
- Six generic formula cards
- Thirty-six example chemical equations (6 per reaction type)
- Task Card Answer Sheet (with answer key)
- Task Card Answer Cards (4/page)
NOTE: This is also available as Classifying Chemical Reactions Digital Card Sort.