Classifying Triangles Game | 5th Grade Math Review | Math Center
Also included in
- Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math puzzles. This year-long bundle has math puzzles for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small group instruction activity or even eaPrice $42.50Original Price $84.25Save $41.75
- Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math puzzles and board games. This year-long bundle has math puzzles and board games for all the 5th grade standards. A great on-going math center, practice after a lesson, small groupPrice $109.75Original Price $218.75Save $109.00
- Are you always searching for engaging stations for specific math skills? You found the perfect 5th grade math centers set for the entire school year! Your 5th grade students will LOVE practicing or reviewing important math concepts with these hands-on and engaging math centers. This year-long bundlePrice $157.50Original Price $313.50Save $156.00
Students love classifying triangles while playing math games! This matching math game is low prep and loved by both students AND teachers. You’ll print, cut the puzzle pieces apart, use the recording sheet, and begin classifying triangles. Use these puzzle pieces as morning work, a teacher table, small group station, math center, or even as an early finisher activity.
In this math station activity, students will practice classifying triangles all while playing a highly engaging math matching game!
What does this math resource include?
- Teacher Direction page
- 20 Matching Puzzles
- Student Recording Sheet
- Teacher Answer Key
What’s the best way to use this matching game?
- Math Centers or Stations
- Whole Group Practice
- Morning Work
- Early Finisher Activities
- Send home to engage students’ families
Tips for Playing Matching Math Games:
- Print the puzzle pieces on cardstock or regular paper. If you are looking to use them for years, it’s worth the time to laminate them. Cut out the puzzle pieces and store in a labeled plastic baggie.
- Create groups of 2-4 students. The lower number of students means the more focused students are while playing.
- Show students how to compare and discuss answers. Did you both get the same answer? If students get different answers, ask them to solve the problem using a different strategy or help coach each other through the problem.
Do your students need math practice? Students will be playing a game and will often forget that they are even practicing math skills! Research shows that challenge-based gamification in the classroom leads to an increase of 34.755% in student performance (ScienceDirect, 2020).
Supports Common Core Standards:
5.G.B.3 Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
5.G.B.4 Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
Teachers Like You Say This:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These are great for small group! I love that they are self-checking, students know they must have the wrong answer if there isn't a matching puzzle piece."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I have purchased the entire bundle and use these matching activities for every standard all year long. It's a lifesaver for small group/independent work."
Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
You may also like…
→ Matching Puzzles BUNDLE! Save $$
→ 5th Grade Math Review Test Prep
→ Classifying Quadrilaterals Math Board Game
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.