Ever wonder how your student performs in other classrooms? Sometimes, teachers are hesitant to report problems. Sometimes they struggle to collect data for you consistently.
The Classroom Behavior Survey is an ANONYMOUS report of student behavior that takes teachers about 5 minutes to complete!
Data from all contributing teachers are combined so no one knows who said what!
To use this program, simply give the one page survey to each teacher. There are three short questions (How is the child's motivation, participation, and work completion). Then, teachers check boxes for each behavior they see in their classroom. If any behaviors are severe, they circle them. THAT'S IT!
Collect the surveys and enter the responses into the computer. (Data entry pages are identical to the surveys for easy input.)
HERE'S WHAT THE REPORT DOES FOR YOU:
1. The Report begins with Demographic data at the top. (name, school, grade, etc.)
2. This is followed by a positive statement about the student.
3. There is a chart of all contributing teachers and the classes they teach.
4. Next are five graphs showing the number of classes reporting each behavior.
5. Behaviors NOT reported by any teacher are written as positive performance statements next to each graph. (Example: If Johnny does not have tantrum behaviors, the computer will state that Johnny is able to remain calm)
6. Comments written by teachers are combined and appear together on the report. Unless the teacher writes something that identifies the class, no one knows who wrote what.
7. The computer looks at the number of classes reporting a behavior and the number of classes reporting the behavior as severe, and it creates a list the behaviors of greatest concern.
8. The computer then makes a statement suggesting two general areas of difficulty based on behaviors reported.
9. Next, is a list of any behaviors reported as severe in two or more classes.
10. Based on behaviors/severe behaviors reported, the computer suggests likely skills deficits - skills that a typical student with similar behaviors might struggle with.
11. The third page of the report (and forth page if needed) lists nine behavioral strategies for each for each deficit skill. Teachers may use these to help them better work with this student.
Also included in this product is a self graphing point sheet (similar to an hourly Check-in Check-out point sheet), and a weekly tracking sheet. The computer writes four behavioral objectives based on the results of the report and these are automatically entered on the point sheet. If you would like to use these, they may be edited or rewritten as you choose.
Use this program:
to find out how an elementary student does in Specials classes (Art, Music, PE, etc.)
To find out how a middle/high school student does in different classes each hour.
to prepare a mid year or end of the year behavioral performance report
as part of a functional behavior Assessment (FBA), identifying behaviors of concern
as a record of behavioral performance in a student's file for children who are moving to a new school.
as part of the data collected to support a request for initial special ed eligibility evaluation or change in eligibility
Use this program to make your job easier! Most of all, use it to help kids!
Click on the preview to see examples from this program.
Let me know what you think.