This packet is based around the book, My Teacher's Secret Life. There are 7 community building activities for the beginning of the year. All of them are great activities to help your students get to know each other and you, the teacher! You could use these lessons and games in a week or use them over time!
Main purpose of the lesson: Two students may look at each other and think they have nothing in common but these lessons and activities let students realize they have more in common with others than they think.
Included in this packet:
-Lesson using the book, My Teacher's Secret Life (activity is based on the student's secret life, not the teacher)
- 15 questions about the students "secret lives"
-Our Secret Lives Venn Diagram (two students comparing and contrasting their "secret lives" from the questions they answered)
-Our Secret Lives Venn Diagram (3 students comparing and contrasting their "secret lives")
- Two Truths and a Lie: Get to know you game
- Who Am I?: Game or Interactive Bulletin Board
- Three things for me! (persuasive writing activity)
- Find someone who...summer edition!