"Make Good Choices will teach your children to be choose kindness, health, and safety through 38 songs! Many of these songs have predictable lyrics and tunes, making them ideal for oral language development. Selected karaoke tracks allow children to develop their own predictable songs. Every song can be a great "brain break" in your classroom. Use these songs to build a positive classroom community as you create excitement about a topic, transition between activities, give children "wiggle time," or promote a calm classroom atmosphere.
Please listen to the "Preview" to hear 5 samples:
1. "I Love Helping" has a simple message, and young children will learn to sing along quickly. Just as a commercial jingle stays in our heads, this positive message will become a part of their lives.
2. "Make a Great Day Better" is a great way to start every day. Just "bop" back and forth to the chorus, and teach children to follow the song's directions during the verses: "Smile as you clap your partner's hands..." Your children will be up and moving with a positive message first thing in the morning.
3. "Breakfast Time" is a simple, predictable song that teaches children to make healthy food choices. The choices are based on the latest "Food Plate" recommendations (see www.choosemyplate.gov/). Similar songs teach children to make healthy choices for lunch and dinner. I included a karaoke version at the end so that children can make their own songs and predictable books.
4. "Healthy Foods" gives children lots of information on making good food choices. I love to swing dance with my students as this song plays!
5. In "Let's Be Bully-Free," children repeat after me as they learn how to stay safe from bullies.
Song titles let you know exactly what you'll be teaching about:
1. My Healthy Food Plate
2. I Will Eat All My Vegetables
3. Eat Some Fruit
4. Drink Some Milk Today
5. Water Is So Wonderful
6. May I Please Have a Carrot?
7. Breakfast Time
10. I Brush My Teeth
11. Make a Great Day Better
13. The Hug Song
14. Make Good Choices
15. The Kind Machine
16. The Golden Rule
17. Community Contributor
18. I Love Helping
19. Be Green
20. What Do You Tell Your Brain?
21. May I Please Use the Restroom?
22. Sun Safety
23. Where I Stand in Line
24. Fire Safety
25. Stranger Danger
26. Look Both Ways
27. How Do We Hold Scissors and Pencils?
28. Let’s Go to the Playground
29. Stay Safe When You Play
Selected Karaoke “Song Frames”
30. My Healthy Food Plate
31. I Will Eat All My Vegetables
32. Eat Some Fruit
33. Breakfast Time
36. Make a Great Day Better
37. May I Please
38. Let’s Go to the Playground
*** This download includes black-and-white lyrics for all songs.
*** Note that I have created another product that accompanies the health songs on this CD. You can get full-color illustrated lyrics for 16 health songs at:
*** I also have another CD that focuses on transition time in the classroom:
***Please follow me at "EduTunes With Miss Jenny."
Thanks so much for considering my materials. ENJOY!
"EduTunes With Miss Jenny"