This 60+ minute lesson helps your students learn about the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution in a meaningful way. Students learn about the preamble, analyze the text, and then make their own class versions. This is a great activity for the beginning of the year to set classroom expectations or as a lead-in to a unit on the Constitution.
- Class Constitution Activity Worksheet (Included as an MS Word File for you to edit as needed!)
- Class Constitution Lesson Plan (Included)
- Dictionary/Thesaurus for Individuals or to Share
- Large paper/poster board for each group
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils, etc.
This lesson is highly adaptable to your own needs whether you need more or less material. It can easily be extended or cut down.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to hear how this went in your classroom, so if you use it, please share your experience!
Thanks and enjoy! xxTSS
Visit me on FB for fun and freebies: http://www.facebook.com/thesnarkyschoolteacher