Ever played the game Spot it ? This educational game has the same concept. Students will match ENGLISH phrases to SPANISH phrases and then say the phrase in the language they are learning !
This game has 13 cards with 4 phrases on each card. Students race each other to read and match the ONE AND ONLY match that appears on any two cards. The winner is the person with the most matches. Teaching English? Ask students to say matches in ENGLISH. Teaching Spanish? Ask students to say matches in SPANISH.
Three ways to make a match-
English to Spanish
English to English
Spanish to Spanish
Phrases include :
1 . Tú qué crees? What do you think?
2. Yo también. Me too.
3. No lo veo así. I don’t see it that way.
4. Puede repetir, por favor? Can you repeat, please?
5. A que hora termina la clase? What time does class end?
6. Cuál era la tarea? What was the homework?
7. Puedo ir al baño? May I go to the bathroom?
8. Espere, por favor. Wait please.
9. Me presta un lápiz por favor. May I borrow a pencil please ?
10. Tiene un papel por favor? Do you have paper please?
11. De dónde eres? Where are you from?
12. Cuándo es tu cumpleaños? When is your birthday?
13. Estoy completamente de acuerdo. – I agree completely.