Inspire your students to connect with the Earth by growing their own plants from seed.
The benefits of having a beautiful garden are numerous. By taking in carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen, plants play an important role in reducing pollution and maintaining a healthy environment. Growing a plant from seed can be a challenging yet rewarding experience. For this assignment, students will grow a plant from seed and create a journal to document their journey.
This is a great package that I use every year in Spring to help my students understand plants and how they grow. Each year, it is wonderful to see the students connect to their plants and care for them until they are big and strong.
Included in this package:
- Materials list
- Step-by-step Germination Instructions
- Tips on maintaining Healthy Soil
- Research Notes Page (With Guiding Headings)
- Plant Observation Journal with Guiding Questions
Have fun turning your classroom into a beautiful garden!
Garden-Based Learning (GBL) is a student-centered pedagogy in which the garden is the foundation for learning. Students are challenged to actively engage in real-world experiences in an informal outside learning environment. It is a form of active learning or inquiry-based learning. Garden-Based Learning is in contrast to paper-based, rote memorization, or teacher-led instruction that presents established facts. Please be aware of what you are purchasing.
Thanks so much,
We really appreciate all the feedback we receive. Your feedback helps make our products better.
WE OFTEN PROVIDE FREEBIES TO OUR FOLLOWERS!
• Look for the green star next to our store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time we debut a new product or freebie!