Do your kids need help transitioning smoothly? Do your kids need frequent movement breaks? Try these songs to help give them a predictable transition time and brain breaks to keep your kids moving and ready to learn!
This is a pdf file with embedded links. Just open the file on your interactive white board and click the links to get started!
There are 5 different coordinated themes for each resource to choose from.
TRANSITION SONGS INCLUDED:
1. GOOD MORNING: - I use this one at the end of our morning work to signal it's time to finish, clean up and come to the carpet. It's 3:30 minutes long. It's a great up beat song that the kids will love starting the day with and even has some dance moves they can "brain break" to while they wait for everyone to come to the carpet.
2. CLEAN UP AND COME ON DOWN: The Price is Right theme song. This minute long song is perfect for having students quickly pick up their things at their desks and come to the carpet.
3. CLEAN UP: Jeopardy theme song. This 2:40 minute song/video is great for longer clean up times. I use this after stations/centers or productive group work when students have a little more to clean up and need to return to their desks.
VIDEOS INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE
• Chicken Dance
• Cha Cha Slide
• A Tooty Ta
• Shake Your Sillies Out
• Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
• Stretching Song
• Ants in Your Pants
• Sid Shuffle from Ice Age (Continental Drift)
• Baby Shark
The videos vary in length (length is noted under each brain break title) so you can find one that is the perfect time for what you need. Many of the videos focus on following directions, body parts, and directional words, which make for a fun way to learn even while your brain is on a "break!"
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!