(Tools and strategies that have helped me so far.)
- List of Proven Management Tools/Strategies
- Ideas on Starting the Year Off Right (from a very experienced Vice Principal)
- An Actual Classroom Management Improvement Action Plan
- Procedures Poster/Slide
- Responsibilities (Rules) Poster/Slide
- Consequences Poster/Slide
My biggest challenge is consistency every day. Discipline has to always be priority #1 per Fred Jones (author/speaker). Every incident must be dealt with immediately… otherwise it snowballs (other students begin to think they can do whatever they want and more and more start breaking rules and procedures).
Junior high middle school secondary high school elementary warning disruption detention infractions logical consequences referral rules disciplinary action positive and negative consequences. Rewards punishment comply prevention expectations tone teacher manuals professional development principals administrators. Back to school new teacher induction beginning instructor easy simple practical techniques maintaining order peace.
- by the Patriot