This bundle includes 8 of our resources to help you manage your class better.These resources could help you establish rapport with your students, boost their self-confidence, improve communication skills, express themselves better. Keep them calm during stressful situations and keep your students and parents updated of what is going on in school.
Conversation Starters for Teachers and Counselors: This product contains 100 plus conversation starters that teachers and counselors can use.This product is best used for middle school year children aged 11-13 years old.
It is divided into 5 categories:
e. Anything under the sun
It also comes with blank templates that you can use to write your own questions for each category.
Getting Acquainted: Initial Interview Guide: This guide can be used by teachers and counselors to get acquainted with their students. They can easily establish rapport with these short interview guide and they can also take down notes about their observations and impressions of the student.
Feelings Flash Cards: How Do I Feel: The emotions flashcards include 27 different feelings/emotions. It includes what trigger each emotions and feelings. It also has an interview guide questions and a worksheet to help your students identify, express their feelings and promote discussions. They also come in black & white.
The 27 feelings/emotions are:
Boys' emotions and feelings:
7. Mad- Accusatory
8. Mad- Indignant
13. Smug- Self- Important
Weekly Newsletter: This editable weekly newsletter template is a great way to keep your students on track and updated. A great reminder for the students to know what is on for the week.It also come with an editable blank template to be able to customise the categories.
Parent Newsletter:These Editable Parent Newsletters are monthly newsletters that you could give to parents as a way of communicating about their child's progress in school. They are like take home notes that you could give to students to bring home to their parents or if the parents pick up their child at school, you could hand them over personally. It is a great way to keep the parents updated of their child's performance. A blank monthly parent newsletter template is also provided so you could put your own categories.
The format is in powerpoint and the newsletters are in PNG format so you can edit. To edit, open the file in powerpoint, click on "INSERT" and look for "TEXT BOX" and type on the text box.
To PRINT: The file is on A4 paper size. It could also be printed on black & white or grey scale. Just adjust the colour settings of your computer.
Keep Calm:Our tweens and teens go through a lot of changes and these changes often make them feel anxious, stressed, worried, frustrated, angry, etc...
These 50 calming strategies could help your students to keep their focus and concentration, develop and enhance good coping skills as well as self-regulate. It could help them to stay calm and assist them in managing the situation and their emotions.
Brief discussion of pre-adolescence and adolescence
Reasons why students are not calm
Signs when students are not calm
What we want our students to know
Calming strategies include:
1. Talk it out
7. Think of Positives
8. Listen to Music
15. Play sports
16.Play musical instruments
17. Hang out with friends
18. Watch your favourite television shows
19. Clean your room
20. Go out and enjoy the outdoors
21. Drink water
22. Count 1, 2, 3
23. Go to the beach
29. Riding a bike
34. Make a scrapbook
35. Tinkering with technology
37. Make a Video
39. Visit a museum
40. Visit a library
42. Play video games
43. Do yoga
44. Visit a zoo
45. Scuba diving
46. Go on a road trip
47. Visit an amusement park
48. Identify your feelings
49. Do pilates
Reward Coupons:These 50 student reward coupons will help your students become more effective and efficient students in the classroom. It will promote good interpersonal relationships to others, build self-confidence, and instill good habits.
*Use these rewards to students who are “caught in the act” of doing good.
*Use these rewards with difficult students to improve on their behavior.
*Allow them to choose their student rewards.
*Use them to reinforce good behavior.
*These rewards can be laminated, can also be printed in colored and gray scale.
1. My Life, My tunes- Listen to music while working
2. I like my new seat- Pick your new seat
3.Woo-Hoo- Free Assignment Day
4. Project Buddy - Pick your project partner/s
5.DJ for a Day- Pick songs for the class to listen to
6. Yum, yum Gum- Chew Gum in Class
7.President for A Day
8.5 Bonus Points - For Project
9. Teacher's Right Hand- Teacher's Assistant for the Day/ Week
10. Very Important Person- Sit on Teacher's Table
11. Apps Time- Play game using gadgets during break time
12. Sleep In- Skip Bell Work
13.Tech Time- Extra 5 minutes on the computer
14. Mad Hatter- Wear your cap or hat to school
15. I love RECESS- Extra 5 minutes for Recess
16. Free Time is Fun- Extra 5 minutes of Free Time
17.Positive Note for Home- Teacher writes a positive note to your parents about student and performance
18. Positive Call for Home- Teacher calls parents to give positive feedback
19. Too Cool for School- Wear shades/sun glasses to school
20.Almost on Time- Get Away Late Pass
21. Lunch Buddies- Pick someone you want to have lunch with you (teacher or student)
22. Light, Camera, Action- Show and Tell anything about yourself
23.WILD CARD- Pick any of the cards you like
24. Book Lover- Extra time in the library
25.Paparazzi- Photographer for the Day
26. Sweeth Tooth- Pick candies from the sweets' jar
27. Feels Like Home- Wear slippers to school
28. Pillow Day- Bring pillow to school
29.Line Leader- Lead the line and be in the front of the line
30. Calendar Keeper- Helps teacher keep notes on important dates to remember for the week
31. Doodle Time- free time to draw and doodle
32. Read Out Loud Buddy- Be a buddy to a classmate and help him/her read out loud
33.First to Leave Class- First one out of the classroom on dismissal time
34. Lead a Class meeting- Facilitate meeting
35.Math Center Leader- Helps teacher and classmates in the Math Center
36. Math Buddy- helps a student in Math class
37. Pick Song for Class
38.Fitness First- Lead the class for PE exercise
39. Snack time with Teacher
40.Picasso for A Day- Help teacher decorate the classroom
41.Social Studies Genius- Help students with Social Studies lessons
42.Science Whiz- Help students with Science lessons
43.Bathroom Pass Holder- In charge of giving and keeping bathroom pass holders
44. Assembly Organizer- Gathers everyone together and makes sure everyone is ready to listen and participate
45. Phonics Buddy- Help a student in Phonics lesson
46. Cuddle Time- Bring favorite toy to school
47.My Kind of Socks Day- Wear Socks to school
48. Pajama Day- Wear Pajamas to school
49.Sip Up, Drink Up- Bring favorite drink to school
50. Lead the Class to Read- Be the Leader in Reading