An Environmental Initiative REWARDS Program that continues all year long!
Every time you see a student do something beneficial for the environment you can reward them with EnviroBucks!
The kids love it and the best part is…. they are constantly counting: skip counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and recounting their bucks! When they have 10 ‘ones’, they can change it in for a $10 EnviroBucks bill and so on. This has really helped with their number sense, place value and money sense as they begin to trade in for bigger bills!
*This package includes BOTH colour and black and white versions of EnviroBucks that you can mount on cardstock.
What you get:
* color copies of EnviroBucks in $1, $5, $10 amounts
* black and white copies of EnviroBucks in $1, $5, $10 amounts
* one introductory letter writing lesson plan for "Dear Children of the Earth" by Schim Shimmel to help kickstart your program (I've also listed other appropriate books if you don't have access to this one)
* differentiated copies of the corresponding letter writing activity
* ideas for ways to reward your students such as hosting a Planting Day where students can ‘buy’ individual seeds from you for different money amounts and plant them in the windowsill– this is so fun! The students get to literally watch their investments grow as a result of their good environmental deeds!