This resource provides all the information you need to create a sensory box or corner within your classroom. Students can use these items to assist them to self-regulation and/or meet their individual sensory needs!
- Provides over 20 different item suggestions to include in your sensory area. Items are organised by sensory need
- Provides information on what sense or sensory need is met by the item (e.g., item provides tactile input)
- Provides information on what each item does (e.g., provides proprioceptive input which is calming)
- Provides ideas on how to use the items within the classroom (e.g., fiddle tool for students with high arousal that need something to do with their hands during listening tasks)
- Provides information on any safety precautions that need to be taken
- Pages can be printed as is, or you can cut along the thick black lines to create your own sensory flip book to guide you, support staff, and students on how to use items within your sensory area!