This lesson is an exploratory activity for creative movement with the piece The snow is dancing from Children's corner 4 by Claude Debussy. It is geared towards 2nd grade but can easily be adapted for lower or upper grades. It is designed for developing music listening skills, creating movement and can also be used for practising sylabes of Kodály´s method.
The worksheet guides students through a fun listening and movement activity that encourages them to create movements to match the contrasting sections of this piece. Before moving, students cut out snowflakes and dance musical snowflakes (Musical Statue) to specially edited composition.
* Worksheet to support creative thinking about music
* Teacher’s guide
* Suggested lesson plan sequence
* Printable picture to listening
* Printable instructions to fold and cut out the snowflake
* Sound files are NOT included, however the presentation includes links and QR codes.