Mini Novel Study with a detailed answer key containing comprehension questions and cause and effect skill practice for Clementine by Sarah Pennypacker. Great for literature groups, guided or independent reading, ESL and summer reading.
This MINI UNIT includes:
- A pre-reading prompt
- A quiz for each chapter with Cause and Effect Skill practice
- A summarizing activity
- Detailed answer keys
The FULL UNIT includes:
* Skill sheets for the Common Core grade 3-4:
- Plot Line
- Sub Plot Line
- Character Studies
- Inference Activity
- Point of View
- Compare and Contrast stories/characters
- Illustration Study
* Lesson plans for two weeks of reading
* Charts detailing the Common Core Standards and which skill sheets address them
* Student Workbook cover page
* Quizzes for every chapter practicing Cause and Effect
* Vocabulary words, definitions and activities
* Writing Prompts
* Detailed Answer Keys
Clementine is a wonderful story that can be used in a variety of ways. Choose to read Clementine as a whole class, read aloud, in guided reading groups, in literature circles, Foundations and Frameworks groups or let students read it independently using Clementine Novel Study as a guide. Great for independent summer reading.
However you choose to use this Clementine Novel Study, you and your class are certain to get swept away in Clementine's poignant retelling of her disastrous week while addressing comprehension skills, learning new vocabulary words, meeting the Common Core State Standards and enjoying every step of the way!