A favorite seasonal story comes alive in this journal! Just how "clever" is Tom when he tries to get the leprechaun's treasure? This journal includes 34 pages of comprehension questions, graphic organizers and much more!
- Fiction vs. nonfiction
- What do you know about...
During Reading Activities:
- 10 Specific comprehension questions
- Sketch important story events.
After Reading Activities:
- Writing prompts: Write about it, Think about it
- Compare and contrast
- Cause and effect
- Friendly letter writing - letter to Tom
- Design a leprechaun trap!
- Book rating pages
- Author's purpose
- Vocabulary cards
- Important Noun search
- Adjective hunt
- Sketch favorite part.
-Beginning, Middle, End graphic organizer
-Story Retelling graphic organizer
-Setting, Problem, Solution graphic organizers
This is easily a week’s worth of work on this story - use as many or a few pages as you like! Can be used as assessment.