The activities in this packet are designed to be used in conjunction with the book Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
Written by Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin
The packet contains the following, and can be used throughout the month in your literacy centers and as whole class activities:
* Pocket Chart Sequencing: Title label and images.
* Number Cards: Numerals, number words, and ordinal numbers.
* Cut and Paste Sequencing: Individual student activity. (Teacher Guide included.)
* Vocabulary Picture Cards: turkey, tree, reindeer, gift, Santa, , winter, fireplace, lights, sleigh, cookies, stocking, Santa bag, chimney, hot cocoa, duck, sheep, cow, and pig.
* Circle Maps: “Santa on Sleigh”, “Reindeer”, “Chimney”, and “Christmas Tree”.
* Tree Maps: “Santa” and “Reindeer”.
* Double Bubble: Compare and Contrast Maps: “Christmas Tree/Tree in the Forest”, Real Ducks/Fictional Ducks”,
“Real Reindeer/Fictional Reindeer”.
* Brace Maps: “Parts of a Duck”, “Parts of a Reindeer”, “Elves”, “Santa”.
* Author’s Purpose: Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho! (Can be used with any text.)
* Thinking Deeper: Two prompts included.
* Read and Draw: “I Hear Jingle Bells”