Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.17 MB | 9 pages
Climate – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to climate terminology
• Explanation of 5 basic climate types (tropical, dry, temperate, cool, and polar)
• 3 factors determining climate (latitude, ocean currents, and global winds)
• How bodies of water affect climate
• Mountains and climate
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. They are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students matching the 5 climate types to pictures and descriptions
• Activity two has students moving descriptions to a picture representing inland and coastal areas. Descriptions include (more cloudy, less cloudy, more precipitation, less precipitation, dry, wet, warmer, and cooler).