Also included in
- SAVE 20% off individual prices! NO PREP and EASY to implement. Reflect the rigor of NGSS with this activity bundle that has a little bit of everything - a webquest, atmosphere timeline card sort, an activity to promote discussion and critical thinking, graphing climate data, and mapping carbon emis$13.99$17.97Save $3.98
- SAVE OVER 30% when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS Earth and space science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 119 resources, including:NGSS Earth And Space Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects$199.99$304.41Save $104.42
Straightforward and easy to use lesson - students generate and analyze 2 graphs using real data from both ice cores dating back 400,000 years and modern data. Students complete a detailed analysis of each graph and complete a CER section.
In this activity, students will:
- READ about how scientists obtain historical climate data from ice cores, the source of modern data, and an explanation of units used for carbon dioxide and temperature.
- ANSWER text-dependent questions to check for understanding.
- GRAPH data on pre-labeled graphs. One graph uses a data set from ice core records and the other uses data dating back to the 1950s. Both sets of data include carbon dioxide and temperature information.
- COMPLETE a Claims-Evidence-Reasoning section and answer analysis questions.
- Background Information Article
- Ice Core Data Set
- Modern Data Set
- Graph Templates
- Student Sheet w/Detailed Analysis and CER
- NGSS ESS3-5
- NGSS MS-ESS3-4
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practices: Analyzing and interpreting data; Using mathematics and computational thinking; Engaging in argument from evidence
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY and examples of student work.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- Looking for something less involved? CLICK HERE for our Climate Change Graphs Worksheet.
- SAVE $$ - Check out our Climate Change ACTIVITIES BUNDLE!
Check out the CLIMATE CHANGE SECTION OF OUR STORE!
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science materials in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!