Also included in
- SAVE 20% off individual prices! NO PREP and EASY to implement. Reflect the rigor of NGSS with this activity bundle that has a little bit of everything - a webquest, atmosphere timeline card sort, an activity to promote discussion and critical thinking, graphing climate data, and mapping carbon emis$13.99$17.97Save $3.98
- SAVE OVER 30% when you purchase every NGSS MS-ESS Earth and space science PDF resource offered in our Teachers Pay Teachers store, totaling 119 resources, including:NGSS Earth And Space Science✅ Worksheets✅ Informational Texts (great as sub plans)✅ No Prep Activities✅ Low Prep Labs✅ Student Projects$199.99$304.41Save $104.42
Students use real data to color-code a map of 68 countries based on their per capita carbon emissions. In this activity, students will:
- READ a 1-page article about greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide, what per capita means, and the activity directions.
- CONSTRUCT a World Map by attaching 2 provided pages (it's easy!).
- COLOR CODE countries on the map according to their per capita carbon emissions.
- ANSWER 11 analysis questions focusing on the greenhouse effect, sources of carbon emissions, and how developed countries compared to underdeveloped countries.
- NGSS MS-ESS3-5: Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past century.
- NGSS MS-ESS3-4: Construct an argument supported by evidence for how increases in human population and per-capita consumption of natural resources impact Earth's systems.
- NGSS Science & Engineering Practice: Analyzing and interpreting data
- To make differentiation easier, an abbreviated data set is provided, as well. The countries on the abbreviated data table still provide a good global picture but with a decreased workload.
- The World Map is very easily printable. It comes as two 8.5 x 11 printable pages and very, very simple instructions on how to match them up.
- While this activity is intended for a middle school audience, it would also be appropriate for high school students in their study of NGSS HS-ESS3-5.
- INCLUDES ANSWER KEY.
- Please note: This resource is NOT editable.
- SAVE $$ - Check out our Climate Change ACTIVITIES BUNDLE!
Check out the CLIMATE CHANGE SECTION OF OUR STORE.
Need something different?
Check out all the NGSS-aligned science resources in Our Store!
Our materials are easy to implement, effective, and always standards-based.
Please visit www.FlyingColorsScience.com for news and freebies!