Also included in
- Weather and climate are complicated topics. Everything you need to teach the Middle School NGSS Earth's Systems pertaining to weather and climate is in this bundle. Purchase as a bundle and save 20% on these weather and climate resources for middle school science. Completely coverage of these standa$34.48$43.10Save $8.62
- This bundle is for the Earth and Human Activity Strand for Middle School Science. Students should understand the impacts of humans on natural resources, the impacts of natural hazards on humans, and the impacts of human activity on Earth processes. Save 20% by purchasing as a bundle! This bundle cov$25.68$31.50Save $5.82
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 8th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 8th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 8th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$98.60$123.25Save $24.65
- This is a bundle for 6th Grade: NGSS California Integrated Model. This bundle covers the PEs and standards for NGSS for 6th grade in California. Purchase of this bundle will save you 20% on these resources. This is the set of resources for the California NGSS Integrated Model 6th grade. ALL of the s$88.04$109.05Save $21.01
- The Middle School Science Bundle addresses all the DCIs for Middle School NGSS. This is a huge resource that addresses the complete NGSS Middle School Curriculum for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This is a growing bundle and I will add new resources to it as they are created. Save 20% by purchasing$302.04$377.55Save $75.51
Climate change is an important topic. Students will really enjoy learning about climate change and global warming with these engaging activities. They will learn about the factors that have caused global temperatures to rise over the past century. They will learn about various contributing factors to climate change.
This resource is specially designed to teach the standards
NGSS MS-ESS3-5. Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past century.
This resource is also aligned with Utah SEEd standard 8.4.4
Analyze and interpret data on the factors that global temperatures and their on regional climates. Examples of factors could include agricultural activity, changes in solar radiation, fossil fuel use, and volcanic activity. Examples of data could include graphs of the atmospheric levels of gases, seawater levels, ice cap coverage, human activities, and maps of global and regional temperatures. (ESS3.D)
This resource is specially designed to teach from the Earth’s Systems strand.
Students will learn about the carbon cycle and its role in the greenhouse effect. Students will learn about the natural greenhouse effect on how it works within our atmosphere to keep our planet at a relatively steady temperature. Students will also learn that increased greenhouse gases cause an enhanced greenhouse effect that can lead to global warming and climate change.
This resource is packed with activities.
- an informative slideshow
- note-taking guide
- nonfiction passages
- response pages
- interactive notebook flaps
- QR code research
- a hands-on activity/lab
- a quiz
- answers keys
Students will be guided to create an explanation built on evidence. Students will see reputable scientific evidence from organizations like NASA and NOAA. Students will ask questions to clarify evidence.
To learn more about teaching about Global Warming see this post.
Save 20% by purchasing as part of this bundle Earth and Human Activity for Middle School
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
If you have questions about my resources please contact me email@example.com
Would you like to know more about creating a solar oven?
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for Middle School Science and NGSS.
You will love my other resources for middle school science!