Also included in
- Climate Change and Global Warming 5E Unit - Fully editable and Complete 5E Unit. This 5E unit stands alone and will take your class about two weeks to complete. By purchasing this bundle you will save 48% vs. purchasing the individual components separately.Unit Objectives: By the end of this 5E less$29.97$43.95Save $13.98
- This bundle contains my climate change lesson as well as the corresponding 9 digital interactive notebook activities. Bundled together, this package will save you both time and money.CLIMATE CHANGE LESSONIncluded in the lesson package is:- The teacher version of the PowerPoint- The student version o$29.97$39.96Save $9.99
Climate Change and Global Warming Unit - This Unit will take place over 2-3 weeks and includes a MULTI-DAY lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), a Climate Change Bell Ringer activity, an Exit Ticket to check for student understanding, NINE videos, a Climate Change research activity, 1 Test with answer key, and a student lesson handout as a word document. The presentation is fun and applicable with THREE videos embedded into the presentation and many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion. Designed for Middle/Secondary classes but can easily be adapted to fit an Elementary classroom.
- Weather vs. Climate
- Earth’s energy supply
- The atmosphere
- Greenhouse gases
- The greenhouse effect
- Enhanced greenhouse effect
- The role of the carbon cycle
- Effects of global warming
- Historic climate change
- Climate proxies
- What you can do
Google Classroom and Exit Ticket
- This resource is perfect for in-class or distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. Included is a link that with one click, will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
- On the last Google Slide is a link to a four-question Exit Ticket that you can give as homework or to conclude your lesson in class.
- This lesson includes both Google and Office versions for ALL resources. The presentation is in Google Slides and PowerPoint while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It also allows you, as well as your students, to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount, in my Climate Change and Global Warming - Complete 5E Unit Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
- "My students really enjoyed their EcoBottle projects courtesy of you! I am trying another of your units with anticipation! Thank you!"
- "Excellent. Plan on buying your other products."
- "Great unit for Environmental Studies, which is a difficult subject to find curriculum for. Thank you!"
- "awesome resources"
- "The students was very useful for my students"
- "Great, love the notes page."
- "My students LOVED the debate. Instead of having my student present and debate in class, I used an on-line debate site. It was a lot of fun!"
- "Wonderful resource for my climate change unit."
- "Great! I used this as a project-based learning independent component and worked wonderfully!"
- "great information and pictures."
The minds-on inquiry activities are meant to break down student misconceptions and help guide them to the correct concepts.
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Climate Change Research Assignment
- An Exit Ticket
- NINE videos embedded in the presentation
- 1 Test with an answer key
- Student lesson handout
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to Climate Change.
Digital and Distance Learning:
This lesson is fully digital which makes it perfect for the classroom, distance learning, or as a sub-plan if needed. With a single click, the entire package will be imported into your Google Drive and will be ready to assign to your students or present in class. You can also place a copy of the resources directly into student Google Drive accounts for easy access.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
The student version of the lesson contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
People who purchased this unit also purchased:
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.
Teach With Fergy