Clock Practice: Time Moves So Slowly
In this cute snail themed math resource students practice their time telling skills with clocks using five minute intervals. This resource includes the following 3 activities and 3 worksheets:
1) Time Moves So Slowly: Activity- Pair up the snails whose clock and time match.
* Included Add On Activity- Time in Words : Students then sort out the pairs whose times fall into the categories of: O’clock, Quarter To, Half Past and Quarter Past onto the corresponding mat and complete the worksheet provided.
2) Time Snails By: Activity - Students select time cards and move the hands to make the corresponding time on the clock.
*This activity can also be modified into a partners game called “Snail Race”. A card is selected and the students race to see who can make the correct time on their clock the quickest. The winner keeps the time card. Whoever has the most cards in the end wins.
3) Snail AM/PM Sort: Activity- Students sort everyday activities based on whether they occur in the AM or PM by placing the activity cards on the AM/PM mats. Worksheet Included.
4) Hands Of Time: Worksheet- Students complete the worksheet by drawing the hands on the analog clock to make the time displayed below.
5) What Does The Clock Say?: Worksheet- Students complete the worksheet by writing the time displayed on each analog clock.
6) Shelldule: Worksheet- Sally the snail really wants to go to school so she is comparing her day to one of a student’s. Students help Sally make a shelldule for a day in the “life of a student” by cutting and pasting each activity beside what time it is most likely to occur; this worksheet incorporates AM &PM.
Answer keys are provided for the worksheets as well as both color and black and white options for your printing needs.
Check out my other products at:My Store