This Close Reads reading unit uses 30 picture books to guide and teach students how to dig deeper into literature by using graphic organizers, fiction and nonfiction close reading passages, visual aids, collaborative book talks, concept sorts, focus questions,and teaches students in a fun and exciting way the writing process.
Close reading demonstration lessons focus on rich text, high-quality text-dependent questions, and aligned culminating writing assignments. This 30 Close Reads ELA year long Bundle has everything you need for, Reading, Phonics,Writing, Poetry, Crafts, Recipes, and will teach students how to Dig Deeper
into text in a fun, exciting, and engaging way.
This Bundle comes with tons of resources to actively engage all K-3rd students!
Day by day lesson plans are included with my Close Reads, that are detailed enough to be left for SUB PLANS
. This Bundle has everything you need!
All you need to supply are the Picture Books. Most of the Picture Books you most likely already own. My Close Reads are not like other Close Reads!
My Close Reads are differentiated, come with Print and Go 5 Day Lesson Plans, and are Scripted with Digging Deeper Questions for most every page in the books, making them the perfect for Sub Plans.
Each of these 30 Close Reads are differentiated, comes with EVERYTHING you need for the week! Please note, this bundle is being UPDATED as of July 25th, 2017, as are all my Close Reads, with even more resources for K-3rd Grade that are Common Core Aligned and have and are being proofed and edited by an Editor!
• Small and Whole Group Lessons
• Skills Teaching Posters
• Five Days of Print and Go Lesson Plans for MOST Close Reads
• Skills Concept Sorts for Science, Phonics, and English
The activities included in this bundle keep your students actively involved and excited to learn. You will love the Reading Posters, Crafts, Phonics, Concept Sorts, and Activities to help you teach your ELA Common Core Standards while your students are being taught how to Dig Deeper Into Text, and not just recall Text Based questions. My Close Reads teach students to make Text to Self connections, and allow them to orally discuss, research, illustrate, and write about what they are learning.
Included with this bundle are:
• Bundled Reading Skills Posters
• Generic Close Read Set for ANY BOOK
• One full week of Sub Lesson Plans
You are going to love having all you ELA lesson plans completed for you week after week. Your students will love having the same Reading Routine, by using Close Reads that Integrate Science, Reading, Grammar, Phonics, and Spelling into their week.
• If purchased separately, this bundle would cost you over $200.00
• BONUS Close Reads will be added.
• Close Reads are in a zip file folder and easy for you to download.
• I've tried hard to think of everything to make our lives as teachers easier.
• I use ALL of my Close Reads and have put hours into each set.
• I take notes of anything I need to add to each set.
• Have an Editor that is currently proofing all previous Close Reads
• Collaborating with other teachers in K-3rd grades for skills that need more material.
• I am looking for ways to improve, add in more skills with each set and am open to any book ideas, suggestions, or skills you would like to see added.
Don't miss out on this Money and Time Saver Bundle!
These are just some of the skills and Print and Go Activities covered in this bundle:
• Digging Deeper into Text
• Antonyms and Synonyms
• Comparing and Contrasting Stories
• Comparing and Contrasting Characters
• Character Traits
• Daily Responding to text in Writing
• Craft Projects
• Retelling Stories
• Opinion Writing
• Informative Writing
• Character Mapping
• Bullying Lessons
• Trickster Tale
• Table of Contents
• Two formats for Daily Focus Questions (8 per page or 2 per page)
• Author's Purpose
• Text to Self Connections
• Text Evidence
• Computer Research
• Five Question Yes or No/True or False Test
• Oral Class Discussions
• Main Idea
• Author's Purpose
• Parts of a Book
• Copyright Date
• Using Diagrams
All Close Reads are formatted in similar ways. Each Close Read will focus on New Skills and Review Weekly skills. My first Close Reads started in October 2016, and I have continued with each new Close Read, to find ways to expand content and skills, and offer even more ways to differentiate. All Close Reads include 3 Main Focus Questions, some as many as 9 Focus Questions,
that teach students to think, discuss, and respond in writing or with illustrations depending on grade level to text in a meaningful way.
These 30 Close Read Stories will become favorites for you and your students. Each unit focuses on so many Common Core standards for Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third Grade.
Instructions are given for each grade level on how to adjust the lessons to accommodate your grade or student's abilities.
Don't forget you get a full week of Sub Plans on Polar Babies
and all my Reading Posters and Generic Close Reads for Any Book.
Even though the Polar Babies Sub Plans were created for Kindergarten and First Grade, I have Second and Third Grade teachers who use these to Integrate and Introduce Science Topics to their Students and love it, and have found it gives their 2nd and 3rd graders a better understanding of the Arctic Regions with all the Digging Deeper Questions.
Click on the titles below to check out all 30 of these Close Reads. Each Close Read will give you detailed information on what skills are covered with that book.
Each Close Read sells for $4 -$8, and I have spent countless hours of doing the work for you, andI stand behind my Close Reads, and am proud that so many buyers appreciate and find them so useful.
This Bundle includes the following Close Reads:
August and September
CHRYSANTHEMUM CLOSE READ
UNIQUE MONIQUE CLOSE READ LESSON PLANS CRAFTIVITY and MORE
The Biggest Pumpkin Ever Close Reading
Jeb Scarecrow's Pumpkin Patch
BATS NONFICTION CLOSE READ
Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving
A TURKEY FOR THANKSGIVING
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Integrated Close Read Lesson Plans and Activities
THE GINGERBREAD MAN CLOSE READ
THE GINGERBREAD GIRL
MOOSELTOE CLOSE READ UNIT
THE BIGGEST CHRISTMAS TREE EVER CLOSE READ UNIT and ACTIVITIES
THE BIGGEST SNOWMAN EVER CLOSE READ LESSON PLAN and ACTIVITIES
The EMPEROR'S EGG CLOSE READGERALDINE'S BIG SNOW
GERALDINE'S BIG SNOW
PENGUIN CRAFT LITERACY and MATH ACTIVITIES
SNOWMAN CRAFT and ELA ACTIVITY
THE SNOWY DAY CLOSE READ
TACKY THE PENGUIN CLOSE READ
THE NIGHT BEFORE VALENTINE'S DAY CLOSE READ
FROGGY FIRST KISS CLOSE READ FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
Kindergarten and First Grade Polar Bear Polar Bear Sub Plans
St. Patrick's Day Close Read
A Bad Case of Stripes Close Read
Tops and Bottoms Close Read
Plants Close Read for Science and ELA
Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon Close Read
Arthur's April Fool Close Read Lesson Plans and Activity
READING POSTERS and CLOSE READ GUIDES for ANY BOOK
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for special promotions just for you! If you are looking for a Close Read on a Specific Book, please post me a question on my store page and I'll be happy to try and make it for you.
I hope you and your students enjoy this bundle for years to come!
Here are just what a few of my recent Buyers are saying about my Close Reads!
• What an awesome source of incredible ideas. I love the way each close read can be used in a variety of ways, making it easier to differentiate. I will be able to use the literature with the whole group but vary the activities depending on ability levels. Reading through this bundle I can see a variety of activities which will spark creativity and interest. Thank you so much for your time saving product.
(July 6, 2017)
• Excellent Resource! Great stories, activities, and lesson plans! Thank you for offering this resource at such and affordable price! I highly recommend this Bundle! This truly is not your typical close reads. You have gone above and beyond on creating such detailed lessons and activities. I love the differentiation, concept sorts, and the way you have tied in other subjects in your close reads.
(May 1, 2017)
• Perfect time for me to use the lesson plan !!! Great learning material.
(April 15, 2017)
• I love this story! Thank you so much! Very thorough with the standards, differentiation, and suggestions for lesson adjustment! Wow!!!
(February 5, 2017)
• Really liked the comprehension cards.
(April 12, 2017)
• Kids loved the activities.
(April 5, 2017)
• Great activities to go with Tops and Bottoms. Thank you
(April 3, 2017)
• Outstanding activity!
(March 28, 2017)
• Such a cute book and the activities that go along with it are so fun! My class loved spending the week with this book!
(March 21, 2017)
• This is a great group of close reading passages! I love the vocabulary cards with pictures- that was very helpful for my ELL students! Thank you!
(March 15, 2017)
• This is a great resource and it made my unit so much more engaging!
(February 20, 2017)
• AWESOME!!! Your close reads are great. Love all the options and extras you put in each set!
(January 20, 2017)