These Close Reading Companions are a way for students to make the connection between the reading strategy/skill taught in your minilessons to how the strategy may look in the form of a test question. Each page includes a graphic organizer and an "Apply It!" test question. These can be used during whole group lessons or as a center activity. Print individually or give to students as a booklet at the start of your unit.
Included in this file:
- Student checklist page
- 19 companion pages (one for each close reading lesson) that relates to the guided practice portion of the lesson
- Answer Key page
Each Close Reading Companion page has:
- The reading strategy/skill in the upper right corner
- The reading standards listed under the strategy/skill
- A "Close Reading Purpose" that is consistent with the TRS
- A chart, organizer, map, or some student response section
- "Apply It!" test question that applies the strategy in the form of a question
- The unit, week, and lesson number in the bottom left corner
* Please check out the preview. Please note that by purchasing this file, you are only purchasing Unit 1 for Third Grade. This is compatible with Benchmark Advance curriculum, not the Benchmark Literacy program.
* Remember: once you have used this product, please leave a rating on it and you will earn credits towards future TpT purchases!
This file comes with one license per purchase. Please respect the time and effort put into my resources by not giving them away to others. If someone you know is interested in owning a license to use this resource, they can purchase an additional license for a discount. This file cannot be reproduced, altered, translated, or redistributed in any way. Doing so is a violation of copyright.
© Markers and Minions
Permission is granted to copy pages specifically for student or teacher use only by the original purchaser or licensee. The reproduction of the product for another use is prohibited. Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet (even a personal/classroom website) is prohibited.
Check out all my other Benchmark resources!
Click the green star to follow my shop!