Also included in
- Printable PDFs and digital Google Slides™ versions included for blended learning. This bundle is great for differentiated instruction. The articles and stories require students to justify answers to questions by marking the text evidence that support their responses. The highly motivating activitie$28.50$35.96Save $7.46
- Printable PDF and Google Slides versions included for blended learning. Perfect for differentiated instruction. The articles and stories require students to justify answers to questions by marking the parts that support their responses. The highly motivating activities require kids to think about wh$14.99$17.98Save $2.99
- Includes printable PDF versions. 9 resources also include Google Slides™ digital versions for distance learning. This variety pack includes 20 top rated resources for 6th grade which address important reading comprehension, math, vocabulary, writing, spelling, and social skills. Answer keys included$82.99$110.30Save $27.31
- All resources include printable PDF version. Four resources also include Google Slides™ digital versions for distance learning. Bundled are the top-rated resources for 6th grade which include important comprehension, vocabulary and math concepts that address core standards. Answer keys included.---$26.99$35.95Save $8.96
- Printable PDFs and digital Google Slides™ versions are included. This variety pack includes 13 effective resources for 6th grade which address important reading comprehension, math, science, and writing skills. Great for virtual learning and homeschool.--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---These resources provide$59.99$83.87Save $23.88
Printable PDF and digital Google Slides™ versions included for blended learning. The articles and stories require students to justify answers to questions by marking the text evidence that supports their responses. The highly motivating activities require kids to think about what they read.
--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---
You are covered with this resource. It includes a PDF printable version as well as a Google Slides™ digital version for distance learning. The informational articles focus on close reading and text dependent evidence which is great practice for 6th grade. The included comprehension strategies require students to use inferences, draw conclusions, identify important facts, use context clues, identify important details. The passages and worksheets are great for close reading exercises that focus on citing textual evidence. Full answer keys are included which also includes the marking of text evidence.
All selections in this packet are readability leveled to between grade 5 and 6 (ages 10-12). They can be used with younger or older kids as determined by their skill levels. The activities are great for whole group, small group, individuals, centers, homework, homeschooling, test prep applications. Pages in the packet can be printed either in color or grayscale with good results.
--- QUESTIONS AND TOPICS ADDRESSED ---
The stories in this resource can be used as an assessment tool to test elementary students especially in grade 6 on their comprehension skill levels. The exercises, problems, and activities on the printable worksheets adhere to core standards in the U.S and elsewhere. Included are articles and stories on Tony Hawk: The Amazing Skateboarder, The Mystery Under the Street, Wild Animals in the City, Wings on His Feet, The Barefoot Boy from Brazil, Little Miss Moffitt, Billy Moon's Furry Friends, Notebooks in his Pocket, Liberty on His Mind, Are you Blue? The Dog Who Blazed the Westward Trail, Strange, Spooky Spiders. The text based evidence activities can be a great supplement to district and state curriculum requirements and are easily adaptable to existing lesson plans. Students enjoy doing detective work as they try to justify their answers and then mark the text evidence that match their responses.
--- RELATED PRODUCTS ---
Other effective and motivating language resources are available through Rick's Resources as follows:
--- ABOUT THE AUTHOR ---
My name is Rick Whitehead and I am a teacher, author, tutor, and mentor. I worked in the public school system for 28 years and was involved in teaching, tutoring, curriculum development, administration, school program design and implementation. I am the author of juvenile fiction and many educational products to help students learn and grow. I am the proprietor of Rick's Resources.