Teaching Environmental Science through Close Reading and Fine Arts using GLAD strategies.
Materials include lesson plans, reading & writing activity pages, and posters with both student version and teacher’s version (with teaching scripts).
Major components of the product:
- Student Package:
- 1 Info Organizer
- 2 Reading Passages
- 2 Text Dependent Question Sets ( Each set with 4 questions)
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet
- 1 Info Organizer with answers
- 2 Reading Passages with Close Reading marks
- 2 Text Dependent Question Sets with answers
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet with answers
- 1 Coral Reefs Black Line Drawing Set
- 1 Coral Reefs Color Drawing Set
- 1 Vocab Poster with Post-it notes
- 1 Coral Reef Writing Information Poster
- 1 Teacher Sample Writing
- 2 Student Individual Sample Writings
- Lesson Plan embedded in 2 teaching scripts: 1 for Reading Passage and 1 for Text Dependent Questions.
It is recommended you do the following to reinforce students’ understanding of coral reefs and other kinds of environments:
Science Word Search: Coral Reef
Science Word Search: Environment Unit
Science Project: Environment Vocabulary Booklet
It is my passion to teach core curriculum through Close Reading and Fine Arts.
Click a link below to see my other Close Reading Lessons:
Close Reading: Apples
Close Reading: From Seed to Plant
Close Reading: The Pumpkin Book
Close Reading: Tell Me, Tree
Close Reading: Frogs
Close Reading: Spiders
Close Reading: Owls
Close Reading: Penguins!
Close Reading: Sharks
Close Reading: Monarch Butterfly
Close Reading: The Honey Makers
Close Reading: Ladybugs
Close Reading: Bats
Close Reading: Elephants of Africa
Close Reading: Polar Bears
Close Reading: Wolves
Close Reading: Whales
Close Reading: Alligators and Crocodiles
Close Reading: Dinosaurs!
Close Reading: Sea Turtles
Close Reading: Snakes
Close Reading: Deserts
Close Reading: Coral Reefs
Close Reading: Marshes & Swamps
Close Reading: Rain Forests
Close Reading: Caves and Caverns
Close Reading: Tornadoes!
Close Reading: It's Hurricanes!
Close Reading: It's Snowing!
Close Reading: It's Raining!
Close Reading: The Reasons for Seasons
Close Reading: States of Matter
Close Reading: Thanksgiving Is ...
Close Reading: St. Patrick's Day
Close Reading: Valentine's Day Is ...
Close Reading: Christmas Is ...
Close Reading: Easter
Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy this lesson.
• Check out my store https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/Qiang-Ma for more close reading lessons to help your students have fun while learning!
• Comments, suggestions, feedback and questions always welcomed!
• Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
• Be sure to click on the green ★ to follow me for updates and new product announcements!