This constructed response worksheet can be used for assessment with any piece of fiction text, including: short stories, chapters of sections of stories/novels, etc.
PRACTICE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
1) identifying the SUB-GENRE of the text
2) making text CONNECTIONS (text to self, text to world, or text to text)
3) identifying methods and examples of CHARACTERIZATION
4) identifying examples of LITERARY DEVICES
5) identifying the MOOD of the story and how the mood is developed
6) identifying the THEME of the story and how it is developed
*NOTE: Please see my listings for resources for teaching mood/tone and theme.