CLOSE READING -- Close Reading Journal Works With Any Book --- Contains 14 Mini-lessons - Easy-to-use Close Reading Journal -- Print and Go!
This resource contains two full weeks of flexible dialectical close reading journal entries focus on literary elements of character, conflict, setting, cause/effect.
Great for in class independent reading or as homework.
Contains notes perfect for mini-lessons on character, conflict, setting, cause/effect and theme.
This close reading journal is designed to be flexible for the teachers as follows:
• Use with any book!
• Can be used during independent reading, to guide mini-lessons during literature circles, or as instruction for a class novel.
• The journal can be used during class when time for reading is provided, or as a response to reading done at home.
• The journal is designed to be copied and distributed to students OR projected for students to copy into their own journals.
Dialectical Journal Instructions
• In the left-hand column, students copy relevant passages and page numbers.
• In the right-hand column, students write their own thoughts surrounding each passage and how it relates to the task associated with each day’s notes.