Close Reading for Nature’s Green Umbrella by Gail Gibbons. Materials include lesson plans and activity pages with both student version and teacher’s version (with teaching scripts).
Teaching Environmental Science/Rain Forest through Close Reading and Fine Arts.
This product has been proven successful in the classroom and ready to use.
No part of the original text and picture are reprinted in this product.
Major components of the product:
- Student Package:
- 1 Info Organizer
- 4 Reading Passages (Intro to Rain Forest, Rain Forest Ecosystem, Layers of Rain Forest, and Rain Forest Protection)
- 4 Text Dependent Questions Sets (with 4 questions)
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet
- 1 Info Organizer with answers
- 4 Reading Passages with Close Reading marks
- 4 Text Dependent Questions Sets with answers
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet with answers
- 1 Rain Forest World Map Black and White Drawing
- 1 Rain Forest Layers Black and White Drawing
- 1 Rain Forest World Map Color Drawing with labels
- 1 Rain Forest Layers Color Drawing with labels
- 1 Vocab Poster with Post-it notes
- Lesson Plan embedded in 2 teaching scripts: 1 for Reading Passage and 1 for Text Dependent Questions.
All my close reading lessons have the above contents. It is my passion to teach Science through Close Reading and Fine Arts.