This product contains three different Close Reading Note Taking Packets to help students while using Close Reading as a strategy with various texts. This product allows all three note taking packets to be used with fictional and non-fictional text.
The packets contain various sections, which include:
- unknown words/definitions
- a connections section for students to write down connections they make
- a main idea/supporting details section
- a section for noting any parts students found confusing or were unsure of
- a section for noting the text structure of the assigned text
- a section to write a brief summary
- One of the three packets contains a section for writing any subheadings that may be included in some text(s).
By using this product, students can note everything while using Close Reading and things remain organized. It is helpful to have students meet with one another upon completion of their packet to discuss the various sections to see how they were similar and different, as well as, the thought processes behind what they wrote. While meeting with classmates or groups, the packets become a basis for small group discussion and/or large group discussion in class.