Close Reading Passages Seasonal Bundle | Comprehension
Products in this Bundle (6)
showing 1-5 of 6 products
This bundle includes all my seasonally themed close reading passages packs, with specific ELA standards for Kindergarten and 1st grade covered in the comprehension activities. This bundle also includes my Close Reading pack that you can use by adding the book of your choice. The activities are great for getting students to dig deeper while using these close reading passages. Students will have the opportunity to dig deeper and show true comprehension of each close reading passage through completion of the graphic organizers, by providing specific evidence from the text.
You are saving 20% by purchasing this bundle!
This pack is a great resource to use during the entire year to incorporate Close Reading into your Kindergarten or 1st Grade classroom. In each pack, there are 5 different lesson plans, seasonally themed passages, and graphic organizers, are all included to use for your themed Close Reading lessons.
There are 25 close reading passages total. There are 5 close reading passages in each seasonal pack. A variety of texts (fiction, nonfiction, poetry) are included so students can be exposed to different types of texts. The passages are written at a level that should be challenging for students to read on their own so instead you can read the passages to your students and complete the close reading lessons together.
Everything that is included, in each pack:
- anchor charts- How to set up Close Reading in your classroom
- 5 close reading passages
- lesson plans for each passage
- teacher format of each passage (full color)
- sample coded text passage for teacher reference, during second read
- student copy of each passage (b&w)
- 2-3 graphic organizers for each passage, to use for comprehension activities of citing text evidence for second and 3rd read (b&w)
Themes of the seasonal close reading passages:
- Back to School
- End of the Year
As well as:
- Close Reading with any book
When do you use these close reading passages?
- small group/guided reading groups
- whole group read alouds
How do you use these close reading passages?
- Follow the lesson plan that is provided. It explains exactly what you need to do with each close reading passage.
- Each close reading passage comes with a different focus for the 1st read, 2nd read and 3rd read of the text, digging deeper each time while addressing different Common Core Stands with evidence cited from the text.
- There are 2 formats of each passage, a colorful version for the teacher to display, and a black and white version for the student to mark up.
- Graphics organizers are included to use as comprehension pages for each passage, as well.
- Students will show their evidence from the text via the graphic organizers provided.
- This pack provides you with all the materials needed to conduct multiple weeks of close reading lessons!
With all the parts that are included in this pack, it is a complete close reading resource for you to use with your readers!
Who are these close reading passages for?
- Classroom teachers
- Special education teachers with comprehension goals
- Reading specialists/interventionists/reading teachers
- Classroom aides/assistants
- Parent helpers
- ESL teachers working on developing specific ELA standards
- To leave for a substitute
Why focus on Close Reading?
- Close Reading is an important piece of addressing Common Core ELA Standards.
- It requires students to truly comprehend the text by digging deeper and using specific evidence from the text to answer comprehension questions.
- Close Reading in Kindergarten and 1st Grade is similar to Shared Reading where you can read aloud a text but with a specific focus for each rereading of the text related to a Common Core Standard.
Want to try it out first? Grab my free version here!
This pack of close reading passages is intended for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. But, it can also be used for a variety of grade levels, based on the current literacy abilities of students.
The goal of this pack is to assist your readers in Kindergarten and 1st Grade improve their close reading skills.
I hope you and your students love these close reading passages and activities!
Looking for more Close Reading Passages?
You may want to check out my other close reading passages packs, to use all year round.
You can save 20% by purchasing the seasonal or themed bundles!
Close Reading Passages Themes include:
- Back to School
- End of the Year
- Ocean Animals
- Community Helpers
I also have a Close Reading resource that includes all the materials you need to set up Close Reading in your Kindergarten or 1st Grade classroom- all you need to add is a book!