Also included in
- These comprehension passages for first and second grade are filled with text-dependent questions and rich vocabulary to help young readers practice the skill of close reading throughout the whole school year!Updated: digital type-in responses added 7/2020The close reading passages are of high intere$18.50$22.00Save $3.50
These close reading passages and questions for first grade are perfect to help young readers practice the important skill of close reading.
GET ALL FOUR SEASONS IN THE DISCOUNTED BUNDLE:
I have been through numerous trainings for close reading and at first I thought it was skill too difficult for my 1st graders. When I started researching the topic more, I realized that when broken down, there are parts of close reading that can apply to any reader, regardless of their grade level.
In this unit:
- An overview of close reading
- How I use close reading strategies with my first graders
- 3 different winter close reading printables that can be used with any winter book the teacher chooses
- 5 non-fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
- 5 fiction winter passages with vocabulary and comprehension questions
*Close reading is a difficult skill for students to master. I complete all of these activities WITH my students in whole group and guided practice fashion. These may be appropriate for higher-level 1st graders or 2nd graders to complete on their own*
To see what close reading looks like in my classroom, check out my blog post HERE!
Thank God it's First Grade!