Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
Also included in
- What’s included:Country Articles:8 carefully-researched articles on Latin American countries Costa Rica, Panama (2), Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, VenezuelaSelf-Guided jot sheets targeting CCSS-Aligned Skills8 pages of Questions8 Answer KeysText-Dependent Question Guide for teachers4 anchor chart$15.00$19.00Save $4.00
- Build literacy skills with with CCSS-Aligned Toolkit and Article Set. The articles discuss interesting and relevant topics in Latin America. Challenge students to dive into these informational articles, while developing their understanding of text structure, text features, author's purpose and point$12.00$17.00Save $5.00
****This bundle includes a set of 4 FREE select anchor charts from my Close Reading Teacher Tools on teaching close reading, text structure, text features, and text-dependent questions****
This collection of informational articles on Latin America includes close reading passages and comprehension questions about countries in the equatorial region of South America and Central America. Use this resource to develop literacy, decode multi-syllabic vocabulary, read diagrams and maps, practice comprehension questions, and learn about other cultures. Many of these close reading passages are inspired by the author's travels in Latin America. The close reading passages are carefully researched and aligned to the Common Core. Enjoy learning about the life and landscape around the equatorial region of South America and Central America!
This Global Readers Bundle includes passages and activities on Colombia, Panama, Costa Rica, Brazil, Peru, Venezuela, and Ecuador. Enjoy this FREEBIE on Colombia to get a sense of what is included in this bundle.
- 8 carefully-researched close reading passages on interesting topics
- Self-Guided jot sheets targeting skills like text features, main idea, point of view, text structure, & more!
- 8 pages of questions aligned to each text
- 8 Answer Keys
- Text-Dependent Question Guide for teachers
- 4 anchor charts for teachers in non-editable PDFs compatible with Google Classroom
Common Core Standards covered in this product:
- Main Idea (CCSS RI.2.2, RI.3.2; RI.4.2)
- Ask and Answer Questions (CCSS RI.2.1, RI.3.1)
- Sequence (CCSS RI.3.3)
- Text Evidence (CCSS RI.4.8; RI.5.8)
- Images and Diagrams (CCSS RI.2.7; RI.3.7; RI.4.7)
- Text Features (CCSS RI.3.5)
- Point of View (CCSS RI.2.6; RI.3.6)
- Text Structure (CCSS RI.4.5; RI 5.5)
- Compare and Contrast (CCSS RI.3.9)
SUGGESTED USES: This product is perfect for whole-group close reading, small-group interventions, literacy centers, sub plans, guided reading, or distance learning.
Costa Rica, Panama, & Colombia: LEXILE: 600-850 | F&P: M, N
Venezuela & Ecuador: LEXILE: 790-940 | F&P: O, P
Panama, Brazil, & Peru: LEXILE: 820-1,030 | F&P: Q, R, S, T
Distance Learning: Print at home to practice reading informational texts and develop skills aligned to the Common Core.
*This product contains non-editable PDFs*
Stay updated on upcoming holidays, festivals and celebrations with my Cultural Diversity Calendar 2019-2020 including over 400 world holidays!
FREE TPT CREDIT
1) Go to your My Purchases page
2) Next to each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button
3) Click it and you will be directed to a page where you can give a rating and comment on each product.
*Every time you leave feedback for products you have purchased you will be given credit to use on future purchases like this one! Feedback also helps me continue to make products that suit the needs of your classroom.*
To hear about LATEST SALES AND NEW PRODUCTS, click the green star next to my name to follow my store!
This product is licensed for single user/single classroom use. If other teachers at other grade levels or schools are interested in this product, please send them to my store at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Globally-Taught. This is my original work and I have put a lot of time, effort, and energy into creating it.
Credit to the creators of the images/borders is given in the product.
Annie Wilcox @Globally Taught