Close Reading for The Honey Makers by Gail Gibbons. Materials include lesson plans and activity pages with both student version and teacher’s version (with teaching scripts).
Teaching Science /Animal/Insect through Close Reading and Fine Arts.
This product has been proven successful in the classroom and ready to use.
No part of the original text and picture are reprinted in this product.
Major components of the product:
- Student Package:
- 1 Info Organizer
- 2 Reading Passages
- 2 Text Dependent Questions Sets ( each with 4 questions)
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet
- 1 Blank Paper for Drawing Honeybee Characteristics
- 1 Empty Circle Page for Drawing Honeybee Life Cycle
- 1 Info Organizer with answers
- 2 Reading Passages with Close Reading marks
- 2 Text Dependent Questions Sets with answers
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet with answers
- 2 Honeybee Black and White Drawings
- 1 Honeybee Color Drawing with labels (Great for open house student project)
- 1 Honeybee Life Cycle Black and White Drawing
- 1 Honeybee Life Cycle Color Drawing with labels (Great for open house student project)
- 1 Vocab Poster with Post-it notes
- Lesson Plan embedded in 2 teaching scripts: 1 for Reading Passage and 1 for Text Dependent Questions.
All my close reading lessons have the above contents. It is my passion to teach Science through Close Reading and Fine Arts.