Teaching Science/Seasons through Close Reading and Fine Arts using GLAD strategies.
Materials include lesson plans, activity pages, and posters with both student version and teacher’s version (with teaching scripts).
Major components of the product:
- Student Package:
- 1 Info Organizer
- 5 Reading Passages
- 5 Text Dependent Questions Sets ( Each set with 4 questions)
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet
- 1 Info Organizer with answers
- 5 Reading Passages with Close Reading marks
- 5 Text Dependent Questions Sets with answers
- 1 Vocabulary Sheet with answers
- 1 Sun and Earth Black Line Basic Drawing
- 1 Sun and Earth Black Line Drawing
- 1 Sun and Earth Black Line Drawing with labels
- 1 Sun and Earth Color Drawing
- 1 Sun and Earth Color Drawing with labels
- 1 Seasons Black Line Basic Divider
- 1 Seasons Black Line Drawing
- 1 Seasons Black Line Drawing with labels
- 1 Seasons Color Drawing
- 1 Seasons Color Drawing with labels
- 1 Vocab Poster with Post-it notes
- Lesson Plan embedded in 2 teaching scripts: 1 for Reading Passage and 1 for Text Dependent Questions.
It is recommended you do my Science Project: Season Box
to reinforce students' understanding of seasons.
Click a link below to see my other Close Reading Lessons:
Close Reading: Apples
Close Reading: From Seed to Plant
Close Reading: The Pumpkin Book
Close Reading: Tell Me, Tree
Close Reading: Frogs
Close Reading: Spiders
Close Reading: Owls
Close Reading: Penguins!
Close Reading: Sharks
Close Reading: Monarch Butterfly
Close Reading: The Honey Makers
Close Reading: Ladybugs
Close Reading: Bats
Close Reading: Elephants of Africa
Close Reading: Polar Bears
Close Reading: Whales
Close Reading: Wolves
Close Reading: Alligators and Crocodiles
Close Reading: Dinosaurs!
Close Reading: Sea Turtles
Close Reading: Snakes
Close Reading: Deserts
Close Reading: Coral Reefs
Close Reading: Marshes & Swamps
Close Reading: Rain Forests
Close Reading: Caves and Caverns
Close Reading: Tornadoes!
Close Reading: It's Hurricanes!
Close Reading: It's Snowing!
Close Reading: It's Raining!
Close Reading: The Reasons for Seasons
Close Reading: States of Matter
Close Reading: Thanksgiving Is ...
Close Reading: St. Patrick's Day
Close Reading: Valentine's Day Is ...
Close Reading: Christmas Is ...
Close Reading: Easter
Thank you so much and I hope you enjoy this lesson.
• Check out my store https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/Qiang-Ma for more close reading lessons to help your students have fun while learning!
• Comments, suggestions, feedback and questions always welcomed!
• Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
• Be sure to click on the green ★ to follow me for updates and new product announcements!