- This Close Reading Using Informational Text Bundle for 4th - 5th Grade is a 105 page unit with handouts, posters, and 8 different passages (historical, biographical, scientific and technical texts) and a comprehensive set of 148 questions on Task Cards that teachers can use with any Close Reading te$9.75$15.00Save $5.25
Close Reading Using Informational Text is a 57 page unit with handouts, posters, and 8 different passages including historical, biographical, scientific, and technical texts. All of the close reading materials are designed to help your students practice digging deeper into the text. Detailed teacher notes about the process of Close Reading are also included.
Specifically this unit contains:
Historical Text (3 pages each):
The Boston Tea Party
Biographical Text (3 pages each):
Scientific Text (3 pages each)
Technical Text (3 pages for one and 4 for the other)
How to Make a Dream Catcher
Dairy Farming (the story of milk)
4 Close Reading Posters
Handout on Annotations
Handout on the Close Reading Process for Teachers
Handout on the Close Reading Process for Students
2 Templates for Student Responses (can be used with any text)
Detailed Teacher Notes
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Close Reading Informational Text Bundle for 4th and 5th Grades!!! (Click Here)
Here are the units included in this bundle:
Why you'll love this resource:
- It includes engaging passages, reference posters, annotations handouts, and student response templates!
- The passages are high interest, like Animal Camouflage or Marco Polo!
- After each read, the questions build in complexity!
- You're able to integrate social studies with reading, as some of the passages have historical themes.
- The detailed teacher notes will help guide you and your students through the close reading process.
Need another grade?
Looking for other 4th/5th grade resources?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.