Close Reading and Compare Contrast of Nonfiction, Poetry, Artwork; Includes Mini Research and Creative Activities with Interactive Notebook Foldable - Aligned with the Common Core State Standards
This resource is jam-packed with engaging activities that cover several Common Core reading and writing standards.
• Original nonfiction article about various creative works and how they were inspired by other famous works. Students will discuss how and why these works became inspirational.
• Close reading questions that have students making inferences, identifying the central (main) idea, and how the article makes connections between each example.
• Differentiated questions and graphic organizer for various levels of learning.
• Mini-research activity that has students finding additional examples of how works have been muses and inspirations for other works.
• Compare and contrast activity of a poem and the artwork that inspired it (Wallace Stevens' "The Man with the Blue Guitar" and Pablo Picasso's "The Old Guitarist").
• Creative activity that has students reading poems and finding inspiration for their own original perfume/cologne.
• Additional enrichment activities that include more close reading opportunities and creative activities.
• Save Paper: Separate article file so you can share the file with your students digitally.
• Teacher's answer key is included.
I try to make my resources as engaging as possible while still practicing the essential standards for students in the classroom. I test my materials out on my own students before I post them online. We all know teenagers make a pretty tough audience; these materials have been classroom-tested and approved. I hope your students enjoy them as much as mine.
This is a ZIPPED folder with three PDF files inside. Please follow the directions after purchasing for step-by-step details on how to unzip the folder. Also, please allow the file to download completely before opening. If you get an error message, re-downloading it and waiting before opening almost always solves the problem.
Created and copyrighted by Tracee Orman
You might like...
Common Core Informative and Explanatory Writing Bundle
Close Reading Questions: Nonfiction Article Review Handouts
Informative/Explanatory Writing: Summarizing a Text
Common Core Bundle for Grades 6, 7, 8
Common Core Bundle for Grades 9-12
Common Core Standards Reading Literature & Nonfiction/Informational Graphic Organizers Bundle for Grades 6-12
Find additional writing resources by clicking here.
Find additional reading resources by clicking here.