✪✪ Best Selling Resource for3 years! ✪✪
Close Reading For Kindergarten & First Grade
Included in this resource:
● Everything you need to start doing Close Reading of Text
activities with your little learners! No experience necessary!
● SIX “Beginning of the year themed” Close Reading Passages with
activity extensions for annotations and writing.
(The content is integrated to assist in instruction of beginning of the school year concepts: School - Friends - Safety Rules - Backpacks - The Alphabet - Numbers)
● Procedures and tips for Close Reading with Kindergarten and First Grade (Cheat Sheet for each day) with tips for facilitating great “partner talk”!
● Common Core aligned question stems for facilitating oral language and conversations rich in content vocabulary
● Ideas, rationale, and implementation suggestions for Close Reading extension activities
● Student copies of Close Reading Passages with spaces for student annotations
● Vocabulary cards with pictures for each Close Reading Passage
● Write Around the Room Recording pages (Write Around the Room Center)
● Student writing prompt pages for each of the Close Reading Passages (4 options
for each all with “I can” statements)
● Text dependent questions for each Close Reading Passage
What is Close Reading? The concept is simple. Close reading of text is simply a strategy to help students REALLY understand what they are reading. Common Core standards call for students to engage closely with
text. It is a new way of looking at an old truth. Comprehension matters. If students do not know how to attack text, new words, and phrases, they will not understand what they read. It can and should start early...Beginning to relate meaning to text builds strong foundational skills to develop strong readers. Close reading of text instruction for little learners is amazing! For me it started with something I was a little intimidated by, and has grown into something that I value and would not go a week without!
**My Close Reading resources do not need to be taught in any order.... Each resource provides all the teacher directions you need to get started and keep going during any time of the school year! :o)
You might like my other Close Reading resources:
★ Close Reading Year Long Bundle
★ Close Reading Quarter 2 Fall Bundle
★ Close Reading Quarter 3 Winter Bundle
★ Close Reading Quarter 4 Spring Bundle
★ Close Reading The Holiday Edition
★ Close Reading February March Special Edition
Little Bird Kindergarten
©2015Pam Davidson Little Bird Kindergarten All Rights Reserved
Not for public display, single classroom use only.
Close Reading for Kindergarten and First Grade Quarter 1 Bundle by Pam Davidson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://littlebirdkindergarten.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://littlebirdkindergarten.blogspot.com.