This printable resource encourages close reading as students infer the meanings of idioms on two levels. The idioms are always presented in sentences, to provide sentence-level context.
Included in the kit:
• Two lists of idioms and their meanings
• Two idiom posters
• Two 2-page worksheets (on 2 levels)
• Self-correcting multiple choice task cards (on 2 levels)
• Recording sheets for task cards
• Two Draw an Idiom pages
• Answer keys
You can use the resource to:
• as center activities
• individually, in pairs, in small groups, or as a class
• to follow up a minilesson on idioms
• with or without the Idioms and Meanings lists
• with or without the help of the teacher
Thank you for checking out Close Reading of Idioms: Grades 1-2.
(I will soon be uploading a Grades 3-6 version. Stay tuned!)
You can check out my related resources by going to the custom categories at my Teachers Pay Teachers store:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower
, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading
: I welcome you to leave a message or question for me at my TpT store, Many Roads to Reading
, or by email