PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This EDITABLE resource is designed to help your students review syllable types, in preparation for learning to read multi-syllabic words. Students sort syllables into closed or silent-e real or nonsense words. .
Sorting by syllable type has many benefits for young readers:
• reinforces their knowledge of vowel sounds;
• provides a review of how spellings affect punctuation;
• increases flexibility with decoding and encoding (spelling); and
• prepares students to work with longer (multi-syllabic) words.
Included in this kit are:
• a table of contents
• a detailed teacher’s guide
• a color-coded syllable type poster
• a sorting mat (in color and b&w)
• 3 worksheets (in color and b&w)
• 60 syllable cards
• answer keys
• closed and silent-e syllable resources
• supplementary activity with compound words
You can use this kit in several ways:
• by using with a large group, small group, partners, or individuals;
• by varying the level of words on the word cards;
• by using the sorting activity, the worksheet, or both;
• with or without the introduction and follow-up worksheets;
• with or without color-coding (for syllable types);
• adapt with blank word cards
• as a form of assessment.
Thanks for checking out my product!
You may also be interested in my related resources:
How to get TpT credit to use toward future purchases
1. Go to your My Purchases page.
2. Click on Provide Feedback for the item.
3. Give a rating and a comment—even a short one.
Each time you leave feedback, TpT gives you Feedback Credits that you can apply toward future purchases. It takes just a few seconds!
Be the first to learn about my new freebies, discounts, and products! To become a Follower, click on the green star next to my store logo, at Many Roads to Reading.
Find out more about me at my website and blog Many Roads to Reading, or check out my other products at my Teachers Pay Teachers store, Many Roads to Reading.
I welcome you to contact me by email with any questions or comments.