Do you study clouds
during your spring or weather
Do you read the cute, cloud book “It Looked Like Spilt Milk”
by Charles Shaw?
If so, I think your students will enjoy these wonderful transitional activities
that cover a variety of standards
using a cloud
The packet includes:
* 2 poster poems
to introduce the lesson
* An “Alpha Clouds” (color, trace & write
) booklet. With 4 pages on one, to make a "just-the-right-size", mini booklet
*An “ABC Animal Clouds”
booklet, with the same above format.
* A boy & girl “Look at my cloud name” worksheet craftivity
* 3 sets
of alpha-cloud cards for upper & lowercase
* 2 sets of animal cloud cards. There is a “cloud animal”
for each letter of the alphabet.
* There are also matching animal word cards
, which will provide more ways to play “Memory Match” and “I Have; Who Has?” games
* Children can also pick a picture card and describe
the animal using 1-3 adjectives OR…
* Pick a word card and use it in a sentence
* Students can arrange the letter and/or word cards in alphabetical order
-Use the “Kaboom!” cards to add to the fun.
-Use the cover to make an “Itty Bitty” booklet
* I’ve also included a 5-page, tip list
of other games and things you can use the cards for.
These activities can be used for independent centers, whole group activities, Daily 5
word work, early finishers, homework
, or tossed in a sub tub
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you can use a bit of fun on a cloudy day.
Click here to see other creative Alphabet activities.
Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways
Check out my educational Pinterest boards