This pack is jam-packed with lots of fun and interactive cloud and weather activities for first grade. These could also be used in a Kindergarten or 2nd grade classroom. Download the preview for a full look at what is included.
- -Weather Journal: students create a weather journal and record the weather for one week by gluing the matching weather and recording the temperature on a thermometer. Students also predict the weather for the next day by circling what they think the weather will be.
- Vocabulary Cards: these can be used in a pocket chart, game, or with magnetic tape on the back and displayed on the board. These are also great to use with writing. (writing sheets included)
- ABC Order: students order the vocabulary cards in ABC order
- Water Cycle Craftivity: students create a rain drop water cycle wheel by cutting and gluing the picture to the correct water cycle step
- Cloud Book: students identify the different types of clouds by creating a cloud craftivity book
- Interactive Journal Sorts: included sorts are Hot or Cold, types of weather, and a seasonal characteristics sort
- Thermometer craft: students create a paper thermometer to explore how a thermometer works
- Wind Sock craft: students create a wind sock to observe the wind
- Wind Races: students play in partners to blow a pompom onto a cloud by identifying different types of weather, clouds, and weather tools
- Writing Pages: included are 8 different writing prompts that include 3 different line variations
- Small Anchor Chart Posters: included are full page (8x11) posters for Water Cycle, Cumulus, Cumulonimbus, Cirrus, Stratus. These can be displayed and used throughout your unit.
Click here for the Cloud and Weather Blog Post for a better look at what's included.