PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students use a Green Screen to give a forecast on the weather ahead based off the types of clouds and what type of weather those clouds bring. This project can be used with DoInk, iMovie, and more. Students can work independently or in groups and use this file as their script as they describe the weather and clouds in the Green Screen image behind them. This can be as long or as short as you need. Below is the outline of my lesson:
- Review types of clouds and what we learned about them (description, how they form, what they are made of, what weather they bring, how long that weather can last, what humans should/can do in that weather).
- Preview script/exit slip
- Students work on scripts together after selecting ONE cloud/natural hazard (our options were cumulus, stratus, cirrus, cumulonimbus, stratonimbus, and wind storms/hurricanes)
- students finish scripts
- conferences with groups (make sure no information is missing from scripts and that it is clear enough for viewer watching video to understand) *good way to informally assess learning
- groups rehearse
- Film (around 30sec-1 min clips with Green Screen and app of choice)
- add in props (sun glasses, umbrellas, fans for wind, coats)