You will enjoy using this book companion for fun literacy, language and listening follow-up activities to the popular book, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett. The book tells the tall tale of the town of Chewandswallow, whose weather brings all of the townspeople’s meals (book available at Amazon or other book retailers.) This literature unit includes six activities including:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. The Chewandswallow Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Breakfast vs. Lunch/Dinner Foods Sort OR Likes vs. Dislikes Food Sort
5. Rhyme Sort- Sort cards by rhyme
6. Written Extension- Become a weather reporter for the Chewandswallow Times and report tomorrow’s weather.
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!