Also included in
- This bundle Includes everything you need to teach a unit on Phylum Porifera and Phylum Cnidaria to your life science or biology students. Most resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats.The bundle contains a 64-slide PowerPoint presentation, lecture notes for the teacher, a guide$39.99$51.97Save $11.98
This set of 90 enrichment, reinforcement, and review task cards for your lessons on cnidarians and ctenophores will ensure that your students have mastered the information. Both printable and digital versions are included. Questions cover the characteristics of the phylum Cnidaria, four common classes of the phylum (Hydrozoa, Anthozoa, Scyphozoa, and Cubozoa), cnidarian body plans, symmetry, labeled drawings of hydras and jellyfish, food getting, digestion, reproduction, and more. Complete list of concepts covered can be found below.
Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. This resource is perfect for distance learning and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
Suitable for life science and biology students in grades 8 - 12.
What is included in this product?
- A set of 90 FULL COLOR task cards in editable and pdf formats.
- A set of 90 LOW INK task cards in editable and pdf formats.
- Paperless Digital Version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Five full page, full color diagrams that are used with selected task cards.
- A student answer sheet for recording answers.
- Blank task cards so that you can add additional questions.
- Teacher Guide containing tips, directions and suggestions.
- A complete teacher answer key.
- A teacher answer key Review PowerPoint that can be used to go over answers with the students.
Task cards are a fantastic way to enrich or reinforce lessons, review difficult concepts, or provide extra practice for the struggling student. The student reads each card, performs the task, and records his/her answer on the included student answer sheet.
From the moment of purchase, you will be ready to use your task cards in just a few minutes. Simply print the sheets of task cards on card stock paper, laminate, and cut the cards apart. The cards look best when printed in color, but they can easily be printed in black and white.
This set of 90 task cards on the Phylum Cnidaria and Phylum Ctenophora covers the following concepts and topics:
- Introduction to Cnidarians: Animals belonging to Phylum Cnidaria, germ layers of cnidarians, reasons why cnidarians are more advanced than poriferans, radial symmetry, cnidocytes.
- The Cnidarian Body Plan: Comparison of medusa and polyp body plans, gastrodermis and gastrovascular cavity. Students will compare structures of the medusa and the polyp and will label the mouth, tentacles, epidermis, gastrodermis, mesoglea, and gastrovascular cavity in each.
- Feeding and Defense in Cnidarian: Cnidocytes and nematocysts, method of food-getting.
- Cnidarian Nervous System: Discuss of the nerve net and how it functions.
- Cnidarian Respiration, Circulation, and Excretion
- Classification of Cnidarians: 4 classes of cnidarians – Hydrozoa, Cubozoa, Scyphozoa, and Anthozoa.
- Class Hydrozoa: Includes details of the freshwater hydra and the Portuguese man-of-war. Students will label a drawing of the hydra that includes tentacles, mouth, epidermis, gastrodermis, mesoglea, bud, base, gastrovascular cavity, testes, sperm, ovary, and egg. Asexual and sexual reproduction of hydra is covered.
- Class Cubozoa: The box jellies.
- Class Scyphozoa: Students will label a drawing of a jellyfish that includes epidermis, mesoglea, gastrodermis, gastrovascular cavity, mouth, tentacles, and gonads. Students will complete a drawing showing the life cycle of the jellyfish.
- Class Anthozoa: Includes details on sea anemones, the mutualistic relationship between anemones and clownfish, details about corals, and the mutualistic relationship between corals and the algae that live within them.
- Ecology of the Corals: Reasons why corals are important to marine ecosystems, the impact of human activities on coral reefs, and coral bleaching.
- Phylum Ctenophora (comb jellies) is covered.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: