Here is the project « My coat of ARTs ».
As a reference to the Middle Ages, the children will be invited to create their own coat of arms, according to their preferences, their passions and what they like.
A nice project to get to know each other better at the beginning of school year.
Also great for any time during the school year, when talking of knighthood for example.
Grade 2 and up.
Also works for junior high and high school. Students can achieve more complexes and detailed drawings.
- Lead pencil
- Photocopies (included with this document)
- Felt markers
- Permanent black felt marker (or black wooden pencil)
- Glue and scissors
- Coloured cardboard
This document includes:
- An exhaustive description (2 pages)
- Informations on coat of arms
- Explanatory photos (6 pages)
- A question sheet « Who am I? » to help students define their own tastes
- 15 images of coat of arms
- 6 empty shapes of coats that students will use to create their designs
- 8 pages of drawings for more inspiration
- Evaluation grid
- A complementary activity : Descriptive text « I present myself »
7 steps to create an amazing coat of arms!
Thank you for visiting my store !
I welcome feedback. Your comments can help me make my resources better for you.
In addition, when you give feedback, you receive TpT credits, which may be used to purchase any product at any store on the Teachers Pay Teachers website (subject to the site’s rules and regulations). You can learn more by clicking on the link below:
Click Provide Feedback to earn TpT credits.
Every $1 spent = 1 credit
50 credits = $2.50 off a purchase
You may :
• Use this item for your own personal use.
• Use this item for your own classroom and/or students.
• Copy this item for use in your classroom by your students.
You may not:
• Give this item to others, including other teachers.
• Copy this item for use by others.
• Post this item on a website, including a personal website, classroom website, or district website.
• Copy or modify any part of this document to offer others for free or for sale.