“I have lots of Scottish blood and know that my family name is Scottish.
At my home in the States I have a tartan family crest but, unfortunately,
I do a terrible Scottish accent."
Jesse Tyler Ferguson (American actor ~ 1975)
Your students can display their family heritage by making their own coat of arms with this Wappenprojekt.
Is your school having a Renaissance Day ?
Are you looking for a nice interdisciplinary project ?
Then this ready-to-use project in which your students make their own family crest is perfect and engaging.
1. A 9-page introductory overhead giving some background on shields and crests & the color theory of medieval times and the symbolic meaning of various colors
2. A clear, easy-to-follow instruction sheet in English with a rubric
3. A crest pattern for student use
4. A sample to show on your overhead
5. Mein Ringbuch ~ a notebook check sheet explaining how I ask students to set up their binders so papers don't go astray
These make a very nice display of student work on banner paper in the hall or on a bulletin board in your room.
Everything is classroom-ready and easy-to-implement to make your job easier. (18 pages)
* SPECIAL NOTE *
Here's a brief glimpse into castles and palaces in Germany ~
If you like my products, please follow me by clicking on the little star at the top under my name. Danke.
♥ .. Several of my products are FREE. Please click HERE
to see which products are currently available for free. ..♥
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you're looking for more time-saving resources, you may be interested in some other items in my store:
* SINGLE SUB PLANS NOW AVAILABLE *
. . Look for the brown polka dot cover . .
* Single Sub * Plan 1 For German ~ In The Know
* Single Sub * Plan 2 For German ~ Can we talk - German ?
* Single Sub * Plan 3 For German ~ Tops In Tennis
* Single Sub * Plan 4 For German ~ Zum Verwechseln ähnlich
* Single Sub * Plan 5 For German ~ Wer weiß ?
* Single Sub * Plan 6 For German ~ Hier spricht man auch Deutsch !
* Single Sub * Plan 7 For German ~ The Pennsylvania Dutch (The Amish)
* Single Sub * Plan 8 For German ~ Falsche Freunde
* Single Sub * Plan 9 For German ~ Wie ist das Wetter ?
* Single Sub * Plan 10 For German ~ Wunderbare Wörter
* Single Sub * Plan 11 For German ~ Französische Wörter
.. Ooh La La ! ..
.. Interesting French words used in German. ..
* Single Sub * Plan 13 For German ~ Austria
* Single Sub Plan ~ César Ritz * Cäsar Ritz ~ Founder of the Ritz Hotels .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
Prefer a savings ?
* The Berlin Wall * Bundle .. That iconic symbol of The Cold War - grim-faced
Berliners woke up to it in 1961 - ecstatic Berliners watched it fall in 1989 ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 1 .. A nice glimpse into another German-speaking country ..
* Switzerland ~ Swiss * Pac 2 .. More glimpses of this multilingual country ..
* Swiss Cities Bundle .. These travel videos are viewable online, links are provided ~ wonderful views of a scenic mountain country where people also speak German ..
Or want to create your own ?
* Wish * List Bundle .. Pay just $17 for $30 worth of resources ~ you choose what you want from your Wish List ..
Special Back-to-School Activities & Review Resources
* Back-To-School Review * Pac For German .. 10 activities for 10 days to ease your students back into German ..
* Tissue * Box Project For German Class .. A great back-to-school review project. ..
* The Color * Game For German Class .. Vorsicht. This can get pretty exciting ! ..
.. Great back-to-school activity for level 2. This makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work for Open House night. ..
* Wortwolke ~ Word Cloud Activity * Pac For German .. Be prepared for Excitement with a capital E ! ..
* Mein Ringbuch ~ Setting Up A German Notebook .. It's free ..
* Open House ~ Sign-In Sheet for German Class .. It's free ..
* Info*Blatt ~ Student Information Sheet .. It's free ..
* German Names On Hands Display .. Impressive for 'Open House' or 'Back-to-School Night' ..
Customs & Life in Germany
* Das Namensrecht * The German Naming Laws .. Nice initial introduction to a cultural difference for the start of school. ..
* German Baby * Names .. It's free ~ Most students like the cachet of having a special German name
for German class ~ here are some easy-to-use, A to Z lists for them to choose from ..
* Wedding * Customs In Germany .. Fun to talk about right before Valentinstag. ..
* Let's Talk Business: In German .. Perfect, too, for after the AP Exam. ..
* German-American Day * Famous People .. For October 6th ~ German-American Day. ..
* German-American Day Activities * Pac .. For October 6th ~ Easy activities to make this day special. ..
* Mamie Eisenhower * Think Pink .. It's free. ..
Mamie was our last First Lady to be born in the 1800s.
Learn more about the seldom-talked-about wife of one of our most famous German-Americans, President Dwight David Eisenhower. ..
* November 1st * Tombstone Project For German .. Nice for Allerheiligen. ..
.. Among them Franz Marc, Otto Dix, Otto Frank (Anne's father) , Captain von Trapp, The Red Baron ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Germany .. Viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links
are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Burt Wolf * Christmas In Vienna .. Film-Fragen only ~ viewable online ~ link is provided ..
* Murmeltiertag Activity * Pac .. Discover Germany's connection to Groundhog Day ..
* Liebeszettelchen von Amor ♥ Valentinstag .. Good practice for AP German students correcting Cupid's mistakes ..
* Ein Liebesbrief ♥ A Love Letter From Beethoven .. The love letter to his mysterious 'Immortal Beloved' ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 1 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday. ..
* Einstein * Trivia Game ~ Year 2 .. For 3.14 - Pi Day and Einstein's Birthday.
This was such a hit in German 1, my students made me make a German 2 version. ..
* Mother's Day Project * Pac For German .. Nice for Muttertag im Mai. ..
Assessments & Projects & Activities
* Final * Exam For German 1 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 2 .. Both written and oral parts ..
* Final * Exam For German 3 .. With written, oral, and culture parts ..
* Lotto * Pac For German .. Review more than just numbers with Bingo - a fun way to reinforce vocabulary, too. ..
* Rorschach * Inkblot Activity For German Class .. Looking for an interdisciplinary lesson ? Let your students try an easy inkblot test ! ..
.. Perfect for after the AP German Exam or for upper level students. ..
* Battleship * Pac For German .. Good oral practice of verb tenses. ..
* ABC-Büchlein For German .. Need a recruiting tool ? Try this. ..
* Monster * Project For German Class .. Easy review of body parts ..
.. Easy for German 1 and makes a nice bulletin board or hall display of student work. ..
* Fun End-Of-Year Awards For German Class .. Nice way to end the year. ..
* Household * Chores Activities For German .. Try Kehrwoche in class … it's fun ! ..
* Word Wise Vocab * Pac For German .. Nice for expanding the vocabulary of your AP German students. ..
* Berlin ~ Post-War Timeline .. You can't help but mention this iconic symbol
of The Cold War when you're teaching German. Here's a brief overview ..
* Switzerland * 26 Fun Facts .. A fun introduction to another German-speaking country ..
* Switzerland * Webquest .. Makes a good sub plan, too ..
* German Verbs * The -ieren Verbs .. Also useful for AP German students ..
* Recruiting Flyer For German .. It's free ..
* Scherenschnitte .. Nice project using adjectives ..
* The Food * Pac For German Class .. With a food pyramid project ..
* Die Familie ~ German Family Unit Activities .. With a celebrity family tree ..
* Beethoven 250 .. Celebrating the 250th anniversary of Beethoven's birth in 2020 ..
* German Choice Board .. German Distance Learning ..
Great Films & Documentaries
* Feature * Film ~ Nordwand (North Face) .. Could these young German mountain climbers prove German superiority in the 1930s by being the first to climb The North Face ? A nail-biter based on a true story ! ..
.. The 1936 Berlin Olympics. Nicely done bio-pic for Black History Month. ..
.. An interesting documentary. Perfect link between German and Black History Month. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Bella Martha Mostly Martha .. Sweet film. Fits in nicely with a food unit. ..
.. The only successful public resistance attempt under The Third Reich. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Marx & Coca Cola .. A delightful film about post-Reunification hurdles. ..
* Feature * Film ~ Swing Kids .. Even dancing was dangerous under The Third Reich ..
* Feature * Film ~ The Young Victoria .. Did you know that Queen Victoria's first language was German ? Or that she married a German ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Vitus .. A child prodigy not just on the piano ... but what
do you do when your child is smarter than you are ? ..
* Feature * Film ~ Night Crossing .. A daring escape from East Germany ..
* Feature * Film ~ Heidi .. An older film, yes, but one that hasn't lost its charm and still
appeals to today's teenagers. A classic that's perfect for a Switzerland unit & viewable online, link is provided. ..
.. Wondering about the Royal Family's German connection ?
.. It's explained in the accompanying overhead. ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Zurich, Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Feature * Film ~ Joe and Max ~ Louis vs. Schmeling .. The world was on the brink
of war when Joe Louis met Max Schmeling in the boxing ring in 1938.
But would that affect their match ? ..
* Burt Wolf ~ Northwestern Switzerland .. Most of Burt's 25-minute travel documentaries are viewable online ~ links are provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Rick Steves ~ Frankfurt and Nürnberg .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Rick Steves ~ Vienna and the Danube .. Viewable online, link is provided ~ an easy & informative lesson ..
* Feature * Film ~ Beethoven ~ The Sound and The Fury .. Viewable online, link is provided ..
Other Ready-to-Use Resources
* The Traveler's * Ten Commandments For FL Students .. It's free. ..
* Valentine's Day ♥ Trivia Game .. Perfect fun activity in February for your German Club. ..
* Eponym Activity .. Works well as a sub plan, too. ..
* Letter of Appreciation to Parents .. It's free. ..
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* TEACHER TIP *
Did you know that you can earn TpT credits to be used towards future
purchases each time you give a comment on a product you have purchased ?
It's easy to do.
Just click the PROVIDE FEEDBACK button next to your purchase, both give a
rating & make a short comment so you receive a TpT credit.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
KEYWORDS Wappen / Familienwappen / Crests / Renaissance Day / Middle Ages project / Miedieval unit / Heraldry / Knights / The Cask of Amontillado / Shields / Shield project / Ritter und Burgen / Mittelalter / Chivalry