Spice up your food unit with this fun group of activities in which students take part in a virtual iron chef style competition. They begin by choosing 3 ingredient playing cards, then they search a Spanish language recipe site for dishes containing those 3 ingredients. Next, they put together a grocery list, breaking down the items they still need by food group to demonstrate comprehension. They answer questions from the judges about the preparation of the dish as they "cook". Finally, they present their dishes to the judges with a drawing/picture and Spanish description of the meal they have prepared.
This Product Includes:
- Guide for Educators
- 40 Ingredient Playing Cards (Print multiple sets for larger classes)
- Instructions for finding recipes containing ingredients on the chosen website
- Food Group Ingredient Sorting Activity
- Judge Q & A Activity
- Dish Presentation Drawing & Writing Activity
This is sure to be a hit with your students! The activity is flexible enough to be done individually, with partners, or in a small group!
If you like this product, click below to check out similar products also available in this store:
Food Vocabulary Word Sort
Restaurant / Food Skit & Dialogue
Food Log & Pyramid Activity
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.